Image Credits: epSos.de via Wikimedia Commons
A negative cloud hangs over human civilization.
Editor’s Note: The signs of collapse are all around us. From naturally occurring phenomenon to man-made influence, one can’t help but notice that something just isn’t right with the world. Most people ignore the possibilities, often making up excuses for why they shouldn’t be preparing for a significant change to our way of life. But the evidence, as outlined in the following analysis by long-time SHTFplan Community contributor Be Informed, suggests that failing to prepare for it could have a horrific outcome.
It is not just you that has seen that life has begun to stink for the human population around the globe. Like a sick person there are symptoms of a much more aggressive underlying condition that can become or is terminal. Life is not just like it was a generation or two ago. This is not just some sort of nostalgic longing for people’s youth.
Times have become strange, disturbing and frightening for most. Even the most elderly and long lived of the people can tell you that during their lifetimes there has not been such a disconnect with the dreams of people and their futures looking bright.
A negative cloud hangs over human civilization and the following 50 examples show why we all should be quite unsettled.
1. Fukushima. This is a catastrophe that is poisoning the regional western Pacific Ocean that will become worldwide sooner than later unless repaired or contained.
2. Bee and butterfly die off. Butterflies are the canary in the coal mine warning of a toxic environment. Bees are the difference between food and about 1/2 less the needed amount we all depend on if bees are not around to pollinate flowers. Bees help fuel the agriculture industry.
3. Genetically modified foods and poor unhealthy livestock. We are not meant to eat frankenstein food that our bodies don’t recognize or don’t properly assimilate. Eating animals that are shot full of chemicals or that eat GMO foods or other substandard feed is a human health problem starting with all forms of cancer.
4. Lack of arable land. At a certain point people won’t be able to grow enough food to feed the world. This is normally reached at between 1500-2000 people per square mile of arable land. Right now the world stands at about 1400 people per square mile of arable land.
5. Antibiotic resistant diseases. This is very serious for humans as a very contagious and highly fatal bacteria could wipe out massive numbers. It is also an issue with animals on the farm and plant life people depend on to consume. An agricultural blight would be just as devastating as centuries ago if uncontrollable. People go hungry.
6. Chemical poisoning of the water ways. This is from the creeks to the streams to rivers and lakes to the ocean. Clean water is necessary for health. Food sources are being contaminated at a very alarming rates from toxins all around the world.
7. Fresh water scarcity. One only has to look to the American Southwest to see just how important fresh water is and what any drought can do. Famine becomes more and more likely when someone cannot give crops enough water. Cities can cease to function without enough water.
8. Toxic processed foods being the normal staple people eat. Junk food by any name, people become extremely malnourished which causes an overwhelmed health care system. People simple don’t function well when they live on bad food.
9. Super germs, both human, animal, and plant. There are life forms in the plant and animal kingdom that go extinct all the time. Recently Ebola has become more virulent, new diseases such as MERS shows an increase of the chance of a super pathogen killing off large percentages.
10. Human beings becoming more frail. Lack of good food, proper exercise, clean safe water and food has helped create a creme puff type of people. These people lack hardiness and will wither in the face of any real hardship.
11. Invasive introduction of species not meant to be part of certain ecosystems. People continue to accidentally or on purpose bring in plants, animals, and germs into places that just can’t handle them. Look at the Burmese Python snake in Florida that has decimated the animal life there. Asian fish and mollusk species into American waters have caused horrible damage.
12. Pharmaceutical poisoning of humans. MEDS, as people call them, have caused side effect after side effect and left exploding health care costs that have bankrupted individuals all over the place. On top of this it has left the population in a state of being almost half dead.
13. Over vaccinations. There is still much debate over Autism and vaccinations being the cause, but why is it necessary to overtax our immune systems with every practical inoculation against every disease ever thought of? Especially something someone has extremely little chance of ever catching?
14. Difficulty in maintaining proper crop production. In many areas the ground is no longer able to sustain itself because of over fertilizing creating a brine of salt and other minerals. More and more already scarce water to help water down the soil becomes necessary. Plants suffer disease and need even more fertilizer treatments to give out a decent crop. These plants also need more pesticides.
15. Expansions of human settlements into known disaster areas. Much of these terrible calamities such as intense flooding can be avoided by proper planning and never putting buildings into known danger areas such as flood plains. This expansion continues at an alarming rate each year.
16. Little or no protection given to people’s businesses and homes from catastrophes. Flood walls, buildings constructed to better withstand earthquakes, pre-established fire breaks, etc. The whole country and other countries are mostly still at the mercy of Mother Nature because of lack of insight to safeguard property. See #1 Fukushima.
17. Crumbling infrastructure. Someone can drive around and see all the bridges and roads in desperate need of repair or replacement. The power grids and nuclear plants are at the top of the lists in need of help, and would cripple the country if and when they fail.
18. Over populating urban areas worldwide. This is a problem that is waiting to become a cataclysm should the economy collapse or other widespread disaster occur. Large cities depend entirely on outside aid to continue to operate. Without this, large cities die and with them most of the people that live there. Congestion is adding much to the stress level of hundreds of millions from these concentrated number of people living like matchsticks on top of each other.
19. Almost total inability of most people to adapt to harsh change. A sudden drop off of “necessary” reliances have put most people on the brink of individual collapse when what they need is not there for them for days, weeks, months or longer.
20. Failure of solutions and problems. Like Fukushima, other big problems are lost for concern as there is a near universal acceptance of just living with it no matter how terrible it is.
21. People depending on safety nets to bail them out of all circumstances. So many now just know that no matter what happens, the government, FEMA, or other agency will save them. People have become reliant on others that might or might not be there. Setting up for failure.
22. No monetary accountability. As people care less and less, future financial disasters build up steam and are allowed to get worse. New 2008-09 type economic collapses become more likely as phantom money and fudged numbers go by without much thought about what is really happening.
23. Exploding debt. The U.S. debt is following E to the X expansion in which inflation not only becomes hyper, but infinite and limitless. This is the way expontential E to X works as the line of increase starts out gentle and almost flat and grows to almost 90 degree vertical increase.
24. More percentage of world’s money in less percentage of the people’s hands. Money simply means power, and less people have this power. This means fewer people with more control over more people, a lot more control.
25. Main stream media and government deception. Most people are naive and even more so want to think everything is rosy and wonderful. We are being fed a constant stream of information that doesn’t begin to scratch the surface just how awful things are and how close to everything falling apart life as we know it is.