Chilling new face of police in Britain: Female ‘robocops’ dressed in military fatigues and armed with semi-automatic rifles are new face of counter-terrorism
- Armed to the teeth and sporting military fatigues, the officers are part of a counter-terrorism unit
- Elite Scotland Yard squad arrived in huge armoured vehicles to throw a ring of steel around Wembley Stadium
- The marksmen were also toting their new lightweight, semi-automatic SIG 516 rifle for the friendly match
- They came out of the shadows in the wake of the massacre of 129 people in Paris on Friday
- Heightened terror threat was confirmed when Germany v Holland was called off due to a ‘concrete’ bomb threat
She is the new face of British policing.
Armed to the teeth and sporting military fatigues and a combat helmet, the officer is part of a counter-terrorism unit unveiled at Wembley last night.
The elite Scotland Yard squad arrived in huge armoured vehicles to throw a ring of steel around the 80,000 fans watching England beat France.
read more here.